In case you are curious, the Gospel of The Holy 12: [www.thenazareneway.com] this is not my website though nor does my religion recognize the scripture as part of our canon. it is quite revealing though. it does coincide better with more ancient Vedic scripture. There are many other Christian scriptures like this, the practice of early christians is more in line with this than what we have today. Back before 300 ad Christians were trusted to shave the Romans with straight blades even though Romans fed them to lions. at least we agree that there is One God. after Rome dropped vegetarianism the vegetarian Christians were not forced to eat meat but they had to open their mouths for another vegetarian food called molten lead. Interesting point about the Our Father- it would be interesting to go back to the Aramaic and see if it really says that, i have the aramaic our father on my website as a spiritual video. I do not use it for my prayer life but i put it there for others to enjoy. Ill have to check it out.
i did look in the Gospel of the Holy 12, i did not know it said this, here it is;
Jesus Teacheth How to Pray
Error Even In Prophets
1. As Jesus was praying in a certain place on a mountain, some of his disciples came unto him, and one of then said, Lord teach us how to pray. And Jesus said unto them, When thou prayest enter into thy secret chamber, and when thou hast closed the door, pray to Abba Amma Who is above and within thee, and thy Father-Mother Who seest all that is secret shall answer thee openly.
2. But when ye are gathered together, and pray in common, use not vain repetitions, for your heavenly Parent knoweth what things ye have need of before ye ask them. After this manner therefore pray ye:—
3. Our Father-Mother Who art above and within: Hallowed be Thy Name in twofold Trinity. In Wisdom, Love and Equity Thy Kingdom come to all. Thy will be done, As in Heaven so in Earth. Give us day by day to partake of Thy holy Bread, and the fruit of the living Vine. As Thou dost forgive us our trespasses, so may we forgive others who trespass against us. Shew upon us Thy goodness, that to others we may shew the same. In the hour of temptation, deliver us from evil.
4. For Thine are the Kingdom, the Power and the Glory; From the Ages of ages, Now and to the Ages of ages. Amun.
5. And wheresoever there are seven gathered together in My Name there am I in the midst of them; yea, if only there be three or two; and where there is but one who prayeth in secret, I am with that one.
6. Raise the Stone, and there thou shall find me. Cleave the wood, and there am I. For in the fire and in the water even as in every living form, God is manifest as it’s Life and it’s Substance.
7. AND the Lord said, If thy brother hath sinned in word seven times a day, and seven times a day hath made amendment, receive him. Simon said to him, Seven times a day ?
8. The Lord answered and said to him, I tell thee also unto seventy times seven, for even in the Prophets, after they were anointed by the Spirits utterance of sin was found.
9. Be ye therefore considerate, be tender, be ye pitiful, be ye kind, not to your own kind alone, but to every creature which is within your care, for ye are to them as gods, to whom they look in their need. Be ye slow to anger for many sin in anger which they repented or when their anger was past.
10. AND there was a man whose hand was withered and he came to Jesus and said, Lord, I was a mason seeking sustenance by my hands, I beseech thee restore to me my health that I may not beg for food with shame. And Jesus healed him, saying There is a house made without hands, seek that thou mayest dwell therein.
The Return Of The Two and Seventy
1. AND after a season the two and seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the demons are subject unto us through thy name.
2. And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
3. Behold I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy; and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this, rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in Heaven.
4. In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said I thank thee, Holy Parent of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, All Holy, for so it seemed good in thy sight.
5. All things are delivered to me of the All-Parent: and no man knoweth the Son who is the Daughter, but the All Parent; nor who the All-Parent is, but the Son even the Daughter, and they to whom the Son and the Daughter will reveal it.
6. And he turned him unto his disciples, and said privately, Blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see. For I tell you, that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
7. Blessed are ye of the inner circle who hear my word and to whom mysteries are revealed, who give to no innocent creature the pain of prison or of death, but seek the good of all, for to such is everlasting life.
8. Blessed are ye who abstain from all things gotten by bloodshed and death, and fulfill all righteousness: Blessed are ye, for ye shall attain to Beatitude.
This writing is more consistent with what archeologists have found in the Middle East among Essene ruines. it is also consistent with what is tought by my religious leaders, but they do not use any of these scriptures- they use scriptures that date from before Judaism was in existence and modern satelite imagery and archeologists recently proved that our scriptures go back to at least 4000 bc. Cities from the Vedas have now been found and artifacts have been found as well. These are new developments now. It is the same kind of science that proved Jericho really existed and also jericho was dated and proven to be real. Most of the people who found these things didnt believe in God but now I think they may change their mind. Note the gender of God; In Hinduism God can be expressed as female , male or both because God transcends sex, we often refer to earth as mother earth but Hindus do believe in One God with different names.